With a good plastic card, the business possibilities are endless.
Use these durable and attractive cards for loyalty programs, contact information, VIP badges, photo IDs and more. They are visual like most business cards, but they can also interact with machines.
Whatever you might need from them, custom printed plastic cards will deliver for you.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- In addition to lasting longer, plastic cards are readily recycled instead of winding up in a landfill.
- There are PVC cards on the market which degrade when they come in contact with such organic materials such as composite and soil, and this can happen as quickly as within four years.
- New cards can be made from recycled plastic too, further reducing the environmental footprint.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To learn more about plastic card printing, ask any questions or get a price quote, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Plastic card printers can vary greatly in quality. It's important to know what you're looking for to get the quality of cards that you need.
We'll help you find the right plastic card printer, and at an affordable price. Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from professional technicians
Candid product reviews from real customers.
Save up to 50% on printers and suppliers with everyday low prices. Trust our experts for support at every step of the process. Support from experts before, during, and after your purchase.
5 Key Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
You don’t have to be overwhelmed while trying to buy an ID card printer—just think about these five key things to help simplify your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
In most models, you can get either a single or dual sided printer.
The single-side models are lower cost, but require more effort in printing to card backs. If you buy a dual sided card printer, you’ll save a lot of time when printing large batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are much less expensive than other types, and they are also much more common.
They use a ribbon with panels to infuse color onto the card, but often leave a tiny white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) use a ribbon and transfer film to achieve a higher quality print that ensure full bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies printing larger batches will want printers with larger hopper sizes, faster print speeds, and high-yield ribbons.
Companies that print small amounts can appease their budget by buying a handfed only printer or a printer without high volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards increases durability and cost of ID cards. But it is necessary for cards that are handled regularly or swiped through a machine or reader.
Lamination can also be used to add holograms for added security.
Less expensive methods that add visual security include watermarks, holographic cardstock and hologram stickers. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers are capable of being connected to a PC as long as you have a USB cable.
If you need to connect to a Mac, be sure to select a printer with Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to multiple computers, select a printer with Ethernet capabilities. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is also known as an ID card printer.
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is a popular synonym for plastic and while it may bring pipes and construction to mind, PVC is a durable plastic that is ideal for creating and printing ID cards. If you're looking to print any kind of card or photo ID, you'll probably be using a PVC printer. How is it that PVC card printers function?
PVC card printers can use different methods to transfer a design onto a card. Some common techniques for printing on PVC cards are dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is the most popular way to print IDs on cards, and it uses a ribbon that has panels of all three primary colors along its length.
As the card prints, a print head with heated thermal elements passes over the ribbon and evaporates the ink where needed, transferring it to the card. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer; this process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: The Evolis Badgy200 is offered at the LOWEST Priced Color Plastic Card Printer in the marketplace today.
The Badgy200 by Evolis is the most competitively priced option available.
This is a single-sided printer that allows for printing on card backs as an option.
This single-sided printer can print on both sides! Simply manually flip the card over and run it through on the backside of the card after the initial printing.
This can save you $600, which is roughly the price difference between a single-sided and dual-sided printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides you with a turnkey solution, for PC or Mac. Consisting of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
You also get a free card template library which you can view at www.badgy.com, where you can choose your template and personalize it, then add-on text, photos, logos, and whatever else you want. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards quickly and independently!
Print your badges as you need them - as single cards or in small batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
It's also possible to import data from an external database, which will allow you to add information to your card designs easily, so that you can initiate a print run of badges just using one command.
A Stronger Brand Image
The Badgy200 printer generates personalized plastic cards, with top quality, edge-to-edge printing to emphasize your brand’s image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 can be installed like any standard office printer.
The cards are loaded into the feeder and retrieved from the output hopper, both conveniently located on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite software allows you to control the printer from your computer, by receiving notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and are automatically recognized by your printer.
COMPACT: The Badgy200 printer is unbelievably small, so it’s easy to fit anywhere in the workplace considering it’s not even as large as a letter-sized sheet of paper.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Since Badgy makes it possible few to print your own customize color badges on demand, this solution can be applied to instantly produced personalized secure cards for a variety of uses.
- A Card Printer
If you can print your cards on paper, you can print them on plastic.
- Print the amounts you want on whatever schedule you desire. Badgy is designed with the needs of smaller and medium-size businesses in mind.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and can be used just like a standard office printer.
- The system is compact and lightweight, so it fits well into almost any office workspace.
- Evolis presents the Badgy200, designed to help you print professional-quality color badges easily and affordably.
- Badgy200 fulfills all your needs for graphic customization and instant card production, as individual cards or in small batches.
- The Badgy 200 color ID card printer is great when you need to create and print membership cards, event badges, personalized employee or visitor badges as well as a library and student ID cards.
- Badgy Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- Design and print superior quality, full coverage badges, or ID cards with the Evolis Badge Studio + software, included with Badgy200.
- The Badgy200 is compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and provides the opportunity to create personalized badges in seconds.
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software allows you to control your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- At badgy .com, you’ll find a free card template library, where you can add text, logos, photos, and more, to the template of your choice.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS consist of all of the supplies and printer accessories that you will need to get started right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 system is an affordable solution, perfect for low volume card printing applications. It’s a plug and play solution that is perfect for new users.
The Badgy System includes:
An extensive online card template library
Evolis Badge Studio and card personalization software for Mac and PC
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy offers a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon loading at the top, and the USB and power connection at the back of the printer.
An LCD control panel makes the printer incredibly user-friendly.
Quality and cost-effectiveness Badgy200 produces full color, high-quality prints which cover the full surface of any plastic card. Badgy is also capable of printing readable barcodes.
Whether you’re printing 1 card or 100, your costs will always be the lowest possible.
The Badgy200 also has a hibernation mode that saves power when the printer isn’t in use.
Evolis Badgy200 Overview: This printer uses dye sublimation and thermal transfer to produce cards at 300 dpi with two million colors available.
This model is incredibly speedy with a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy whenever you need them - in batches or one at a time: Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges